|Location||Kingsgrove Avenue, Kingsgrove|
|Owned by||Transport Asset Holding Entity|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||12.62 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||21 September 1931|
|2018||5,210 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Kingsgrove station opened on 21 September 1931 when the East Hills line opened from Tempe to East Hills. It was the original terminus of the double track electrified section from Tempe. Until 1939, passengers transferred at Kinsgrove to a CPH railmotor or steam service to continue their journey towards East Hills. The line was duplicated and electrified beyond Kingsgrove in 1948.
In 2000, as part of the quadruplication of the line from Wolli Creek to just west of Kingsgrove station, through lines were added on either side of the existing pair. A headshunt was provided to the west of the station in association with this project, this is used by terminating services. In 2013, the quadruplication was extended to Revesby as part of the Rail Clearways Program.
The station was upgraded in 2005. 
On 6 October 2000, an eight car Tangara derailed at low speed near Kingsgrove station causing the rear three carriages to topple onto their side. The derailment was caused by a track buckling as a result of high temperatures. Ten people were hospitalised.
Platforms and services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via the Airport|||
|2||services to Revesby
early morning & late night services to Macarthur
Kingsgrove is typically served by 4 trains per hour in each direction, with increased frequencies during peak hours.
The station is accessible with one lift from the west side of Kingsgrove Road to the single island platform.
- 490: Drummoyne to Hurstville via Five Dock, Burwood and Campsie
- 492: Drummoyne to Rockdale via Five Dock, Burwood and Campsie
- 493: Roselands Shopping Centre to Rockdale via Beverly Hills, Bexley North and Bexley
U-Go Mobility operates one bus route via Kingsgrove station, under contract to Transport for NSW:
Kingsgrove station is served by one NightRide route:
Current track layout
- Transport Performance and Analytics (21 December 2018). "Train Station Entries and Exits 2016 to 2018". Train Station Entries and Exits Data. Open Data: Government of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- Kingsgrove Station NSWrail.net
- Kingsgrove Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Kingsgrove to Revesby Quadruplication Project Profile Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation
- Kingsgrove derailment report released Ministry of Transport 13 July 2001
- Sydney Train Derailment Emergency Management Australia
- "T8: Airport & South line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 490". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 492". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 493". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 455". Transport for NSW.
- "N20 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
Media related to Kingsgrove railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Kingsgrove station details Transport for New South Wales